The discussion around Offshore wind in India started in 2018 post the issuing of Expression of Interest (EOI) for 1 GW project in Gujarat. However, the developments have been few and slow post the EOI. MEC+ believes that OW is inevitable in the supply mix of India given that the land-based renewables are limited by grid and coal is increasingly challenged in financing. There is a definite case for OW to be explored in India if OW is able to match the pricing of a new coal power plant in 2030.
At the OW summit, MEC+ with Windinsider targets to bring the industry as well as the government stakeholders on the same forum to discuss what is needed to kick-off the industry and how fast can we expect some progress.
What to expect?
- Hear the government’s perspective on the vision for OW in India and its prospective plans?
- Understand regulatory and policy viewpoint on the challenges in bringing out the first OW tender
- Understand the challenges faced by the industry with respect to India Offshore Wind and the expectations from the government
- Expected timeline of project activity and kick-off in the industry
The OW Summit will include:
- 2.30-2.40 PM: Opening Remarks On India Offshore Wind Vision- Shri Bhanu Pratap Yadav, Joint Secretary, MNRE
- 2.40-3.00 PM: Presentation On India Offshore Wind fitment in 2030 Energy Mix- Mr. Sidharth Jain, CEO, MEC Intelligence
- 3.00-3.30 PM: Presentation On Techno-Commercial Resource Mapping and Status; Technology Needs For India Offshore Wind –Dr. Rajesh Katyal, Deputy Director General &. Group Head, WRA & Offshore, NIWE
- 3.30-3.45 PM: Break
- 3.45-4.05 PM: Key Note Address On Tender Design and Status of Activity –Shri S.K Mishra, Director, SECI and Dr. Y B K Reddy, Additional General Manager, SECI
- 4.05-5.15 PM: Panel Discussion
- Mr Sidharth Jain, CEO, MEC Intelligence
- Shri Bhanu Pratap Yadav, Joint Secretary, MNRE
- Dr. Rajesh Katyal, Deputy Director General &. Group Head, WRA & Offshore, NIWE
- Shri S.K Mishra, Director, SECI and Dr. Y B K Reddy, Additional General Manager, SECI
- Mr. Menno Nagel, Commercial Head, Van Oord
- Mr. Ting Sie Chui, Technical Director, COWI
- Mr. Desikan Sundarajan, Country Head, Equinor
- Mr. Suresh Mugalivakam Subramaniam, Head of Energy, Export Advisor, Consulate of Denmark in India
- Mr. Mette Cramer Buch, Chief Advisor, Danish Energy Agency
- Mr. Alok Kumar, Country Head, DNV GL
- 5.15-5.30 PM: Q&A with Audience
About MEC Intelligence (MEC+):
MEC+ is a market strategy and consulting firm focused on the renewables sector and is based out of India and Denmark. MEC+ has supported the largest global wind OEMs, European utilities, global supply chain players, equity funds to succeed in global OW markets. The company has been extensively working in the offshore wind sector since 2010 and has supported the development of supply chain, contracting models. Work has involved identifying bottlenecks in the supply chain for M&A, clarifying cost reduction levers, and IRR in OW. MEC+ has also been supporting Indian government institutions in defining the framework for OW incentives, tender design, and realistic price benchmarks, to facilitate OW development in the country. The company is uniquely placed to understand the complexity of the Indian market combined with the complexity of OW technology, for helping players set course. For more interesting reads around the OW sector, visit Expertise and Insights.
Coming up: India Hydrogen strategy & roadmap-Expert session
WindInsider is Asia’s Leading Knowledge & Media Company with credentials of organizing 50+ World Class Conferences, Business Meets, Certified Trainings, Publications, Industry Awards Dedicated for Wind Energy Sector. We create and deliver highly specialized information through digital portals, print publishing and business conferences providing valuable knowledge to individuals, businesses and organizations globally. WindInsider has a very strong print & digital readership in a number of Asia-Pacific countries.
For further queries on registration or discounts, please contact:
Tarannum Tarar| Sales and Marketing Executive, MEC+ | firstname.lastname@example.org| +91 8800 1100 61
Nikita Salkar| Manager – Product Development, WindInsider| email@example.com| +91 7718877515