ROUNDTABLE AND REPORT LAUNCH -INDIA WIND OUTLOOK TOWARDS 2022
In the last decade, multinational utilities, investors and supply chain players have been attracted to India’s growing wind market. Wind is now the second most cost-competitive power source on the grid but has experienced a series of market setbacks, from stalled installations to under-subscribed tenders.
Only 2.4 GW of wind capacity was installed in 2019 – nearly half of the 4.1 GW installed in 2017. While more than 17 GW capacity has been auctioned across the country by various power purchasing agencies in the last three years, nearly one-third went unsubscribed or was canceled post-award. Market growth is expected to be lumpy in the next three years due to supply and demand realities, exacerbated by the impact of COVID-19.
Join this webcast to mark the launch of a comprehensive report, “Looking beyond headwinds: India wind outlook to 2022,” authored by MEC Intelligence (MEC+) and GWEC. The report authors will unpack the report to address three growth scenarios, and what efforts must be taken at state and federal levels to lower barriers around pricing, grid and land infrastructure, to revive growth in India’s wind market.
This webcast will take a special roundtable format, and you can submit your questions for the panellists when registering for the Webcast. There will also be a chance for an open interactive Q&A at the end of this webcast.
The webcast will include:
- Opening remarks – Francis Jayasurya, India Director, GWEC
- Market outlook to 2022 – Swarnim Srivastava, Senior Consultant, MEC Intelligence (MEC+)
- Roundtable discussion with industry experts –
- Sidharth Jain, Founder and CEO, MEC Intelligence (MEC+)
- UB Reddy, Managing Director, Enerfra
- Feng Zhao, Strategy Director, GWEC
- Open Q&A – Joined by GWEC, Enerfra and MEC Intelligence (MEC+) experts
MEC Intelligence (MEC+) is also planning to organize a series of webinars in the future. The topics will be:
- Offshore Wind in India: Outlook and Feasibility
- C&I market: Challenges going forward
- Supply chain set up in India: Focus on the Domestic market or Export market?
If you are interested in the above-mentioned webinars or getting insights on any other topic related to India renewable sector, please write to email@example.com