+RENEWABLE ENERGY IN INDIA
India’s energy market structure is complex. It is the result of its huge scale and diversity as well as the strong role of government across the various parts of the value chain, along with the federal governance structure.
We support clients in two ways: firstly, by segmenting value pools to make robust business cases. Secondly, by helping build businesses evolve their positioning and profitability making them valuable.
The market in India is undergoing structural changes and the competition in the market is intense. While both these factors erode profitability we help clients pre-empt changes and support them in remaining dynamic and mobilising change.
Our work has primarily spanned the renewable sector and has, in the last year, supported energy efficiency, hydrogen and large infrastructure projects.
We navigate the complexity in India by analysing more than 40 parameters taken from the following segments-commercial, infrastructure, technology, economic, regulatory, and political – to build transparency and pre-empt change. These parameters are used quantitatively as well as qualitatively as appropriate or desired.
We track the changes in technology and have built insights into their applications in volume and value for India market. We have expertise in Solar, Wind, Offshore Wind, Hybrids and Storage. We are in the process of gaining expertise in new and emerging technologies such as Hydrogen.
Our clients like to work with us to contextualise the developments in the Indian market context. Our work in India has spanned:
• Developing businesses selling to utilities or directly to consumers.
• Development of various product offerings relevant to supply chain in renewable or midstream and downstream applications
• Delivering solutions such as charging or energy efficiency, and building robust capabilities in digital
We partner with GWEC to publish yearly insights on the Wind market. We also conduct a summit on offshore wind in India. You can check our insights here.
MEC Intelligence (MEC+) has a deep understanding of linkages between various moving parts of the Indian electricity market, through which we deliver robust market intelligence.
The industry has been using simplistic trend-analysis, derived from historical trends, short-term order-books and market sentiment to drive strategic decision-making. This exposes the participants to the risks discussed above.
MEC Intelligence (MEC+) uses a holistic approach for delivering intelligence, utilizing our extensive work experience in India and in-depth knowledge of the India energy market. We establish linkages among 20+ parameters to produce insights that can directly feed into the pipeline, supply chain, and R&D decisions. This is actionable, fact-based and unbiased insight for the client.
Intelligence which is fact-based, bottom-up and multidimensional, offers advantages to the client in the form of:-
- A transparent understanding of markets drivers and inhibitors
- Proactively understanding impact of any change on market volume
- Actionable insights with information on geographical deployment, wind class, players; providing most relevant intelligence
Our offerings in India include:
MERIT ORDER ANALYSIS
- LCOE modelling for wind, solar Hybrid wind-solar plants
- LCoE sensitivity
- State-wise competitiveness of RE and Non-RE supply
- Reliable, bottom-up forecasts
- Break-down of forecasts by state, player, wind class
- DISCOM-RE budgeted capacity, procurement, and RPO target
- PSU/Captive/Corporate Demand
- Building exhaustive pipeline data
- Pipeline segmentation
- Competitor site resource/ grid connectivity analysis
MERGER AND ACQUISITION STRATEGY
- Target Identification
- Commercial Due Diligence
- Leveraging Synergies
- Exit Strategy
SUPPLY CHAIN STRATEGY
- Current vs future supply chain needs by geography
- Inorganic supply chain developments- M&A or partnerships
- Supplier intelligence
- Cost based for footprint planning
PRODUCT & TECHNOLOGY ROADMAP
- Long-term market product needs
- R&D roadmap of competition
- State of art technology assessment
- Cost based for footprint planning