VIRTUAL REPORT LAUNCH -INDIA WIND ENERGY MARKET OUTLOOK TOWARDS 2025
On 10 June, MEC Intelligence (MEC+) and the Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC) will publish the second edition of their joint report on ‘India Wind Energy Market Outlook 2025’, which provides a detailed analysis of wind power’s role as a critical link in the energy transition in India. The report is the follow-up of the wind outlook towards 2022 published last year; and extends the outlook horizon to 2025. It deciphers the changes that emerged in the market throughout the last year with new tenders, new policies, new infrastructure developments and new investments. It consolidates all these developments and builds a perspective on the growth of the wind sector in its current and future role in supporting India’s decarbonization and climate goals.
The report will cover the topics such as:
- Changes in the market from 2020 and impact on forecasts for 2025
- Evolution of wind procurement in the country and transition to a tech-neutral regime
- Role of wind as the critical link to India’s energy security & energy transition story
Last year’s outlook expected 2020 to be a break-out year for wind installations in India, thanks to a large pipeline and multiple policy interventions to ease execution bottlenecks. However, the impact of the COVID-19 lockdowns in India was more severe than anticipated. Nonetheless, the wind is emerging as a critical link to enable India’s green energy transition, and the report forecasts a surge in wind power over the next five years. The report also sets out actions needed to speed up project installation to support the country’s ambitious goal of installing 450 GW of renewable energy capacity by 2030. It also spotlights opportunities for corporate procurement of renewable energy, the emergence of India as a wind supply chain hub as well as the adoption of digital O&M offering in wind services.
In the official launch of the ‘India Wind Energy Market Outlook 2025’ report, we will hear from the authors on key takeaways from the report, including insights on market trends and forecasts and the pathway to unlock the full potential of India’s vast wind resource, and from industry representatives on how the wind industry can position itself as an ally to help the Indian government realize its ambitious decarbonization plans.
- Opening remarks
- Ben Backwell, CEO, Global Wind Energy Council
- Sumant Sinha, Chairman and Managing Director, Renew Power and Chairperson, GWEC India
- Report Launch Video
- Presentation: India wind energy forecasts 2025 and evolving role of wind in India’s energy mix
- Swarnim Srivastava, Senior Consultant, MEC Intelligence (MEC+)
- Panel discussion-A Panel of experts will take questions from the audience on key findings from the report, market trends and outlook, challenges and opportunities to ramp up wind installations to realize India’s decarbonization goals and much more!
- Ramesh Kymal, ED, Adani Wind Energy and Chairperson, CII Green Power
- Sidharth Jain, CEO, MEC+
- Capt. Sundaresan Kishore, Director, Greentech MW
- Interactive Q&A-Your chance to ask the report authors and industry leaders your most burning questions about wind power in India
Date: 10 June 2021
Time: 16:30 to 17:30 IST
If you have any further questions about the report launch and webinar, please get in touch with email@example.com